This year TEDxOtaniemi will be held on August, 19 at Aalto Design Factory (ADF). Here are 5 facts you probably didn’t know about Aalto Design Factory.
1. Factory itself was born from a research project called the Future Lab of Product Design (FLPD). ADF was the first official building of Aalto University.
2. ‘I wish, I like’ is facilitated team feedback activity where team members of a team engaged in a creative project get to provide and receive both positive and constructive feedback in written as well as in spoken format. Sessions are processed in a safe and systematic way. The format was developed by Satu Rekonen through dozens of sessions organized since 2011 on several different interdisciplinary courses taking place mainly in Aalto Design Factory. Facilitated feedback sessions were inspired by d.school at Stanford University where Satu first encountered the possibilities of the “I Like, I Wish” –approach. Satu received the School of Engineering’s Teaching Achievement of the Year 2014 award for this method. The method is packaged onto an open website: ilikeiwish.org
3. Aalto Design Factory has Hugging Points – place where you get hug in no time!
4. Open work spaces are available 24/ 7.
5. 10 000 people coming annually to visit ADF from 40 different countries.
For more information check the website http://designfactory.aalto.fi/